Director, Corporate Communications | Vancouver
Our client, a publicly listed company in the bio-medical and wellness sector is looking to add a Director of Corporate Communications to the team.
The Director of Corporate Communications will promote the organization to external and internal audiences in support of the business/strategic plan and branding/positioning strategy. The role will support the communication needs of the organization through the development and execution of strategic programs and partnerships (creating a strategy, conducting research/planning, preparing messaging, working with partners and press, counseling talent, implementing a strategy and media placement, coverage analysis, etc.)
The best candidate for the role is self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, ever-changing innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient; someone who thrives on taking complex information and making it meaningful, understandable, compelling and personal.
- Create, manage and execute a communications strategy and plan that includes investor relations, feature stories, press releases, new articles, columns, editorials, personnel announcements, internal memos, website copy and other printed and online/electronic media material
- Monitor, conduct business analysis and report on trends in the national and global marketplace
- Manage the delivery of corporate content in press kit materials, website and newsletter
- Develop high-quality written materials that convey company’s corporate narrative, including investor presentations, messaging platforms, press releases, blogs, Q&As, speeches, editorials, infographics etc
- Handle the production of publications including writing and photo assignments, writing and editing copy, working with graphic designers, and overseeing distribution of communication materials
- Develop, manage and evaluate internal communications as needed or requested for departments to provide employees and leaders with consistent, timely and in-depth updates on the business including email announcements, newsletters, blogs, meetings and presentations aimed at educating employees about strategy, business news, and results while supporting the company vision and brand
- Communicate the mission and main themes to the workforce in an engaging and compelling way, connecting the dots for the workforce
- Develop communication standards, guidelines, templates, and tools
- Anticipate, identify, and develop communications strategies and messaging for protecting the company’s brand reputation from potential incidents, issues and crises.
- Identify, leverage, and integrate technology that will increase the effectiveness and timeliness of internal communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or other field appropriate
- 10-15 years of experience in a corporate communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related role with demonstrated experience in writing, editing, investor relations, media relations, crisis management and website content generation, and working with printers and other related vendors
- Stellar writing and editing skills – PowerPoint plan development, news releases, fact sheets, talking points, executive briefing documents
- Experience working in a public company preferred
- Skills in writing for a wide variety of assignments including analytical thinking to write material on complex subjects as well as creative writing ability
- Demonstrated track record in creating Investor Relations presentations, articles and brochures as well as annual reports, press releases and other internal and external communications documents
- Proven experience in conducting business analysis and market research in complex environments and in turning that information into compelling stories
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet budget and deadlines
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether verbal or written
- Travel as required