Sales Manager | Start-Up | Vancouver, San Francisco, Seattle
Our client is a category pioneer in the wearable technology space and has won accolades for the work that they are doing.
When they introduced themselves to the world two years ago on Kickstarter, they soon became the most funded project in Kickstarter history in their category and have since been recognized and awarded across the tech industry as well as attracting a well known group of investors and completing a Series A round of funding.
Their world-class team consists of experts and innovators in Product, Design, Biomechanics, Engineering, Computer Vision, Marketing and Sales. They work hard, laugh a lot, celebrate, and motivate.
What they are looking for:
They are seeking a Sales Manager – Corporate Wellness, to help develop new, large accounts in the corporate wellness space. In other words, you’ll be selling to organizations interested in offering their wearable technology to their employees as part of their corporate wellness programs, HR benefits/programs or employee incentive programs. Their value proposition is based in health and science.
This position includes uncovering new business opportunities, opening doors and co-working with the marketing team and other internal departments to conceive of targeted marketing opportunities to generate new business.
This role will enable you to combine your entrepreneurial spirit, expert relationship skills and highly creative deal-making capabilities. You understand the art of the pitch and are not afraid to spend your days prospecting. You identify strongly as a hunter and revel in the thrill of winning a deal.
In return you will be part of a high-growth, high profile success story with huge career development opportunities and an uncapped upside in a brand new and virtually untapped market.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable in a hunter role
- Be happy spending the bulk of their day days prospecting and pitching new clients
- Believe in the product
- Be self-motivated and have the drive to push without a lot of hand holding or bureaucracy
- Be passionate and effective in creating relationships and opening doors to new business
- Be creative – think big; Be realistic – apply actionable plans to achieve goals
- Be able to think and act independently but work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Develop effective business relationships with influencers and decision makers to drive results
- Be entrepreneurial and creative
What you will be doing:
- Creating prospect lists with the purpose of signing up new clients
- Reaching out to brand new prospects as well as warm leads
- Working with the executive to close deals
- Creating sales campaigns with marketing to target prospective clients
- Creating and adhering to a sales plan
- Utilizing the appropriate Sales Tools (Salesforce, Account Plans, Lead generation/marketing campaigns, etc.) to effectively manage and grow the business
- Help with onboarding new reseller and corporate wellness accounts.
Things you need to have:
- 5+ years in a hunting role targeting Corporate Wellness Programs or a transferable type of sale in a similar vertical
- Experience selling to Executive level including HR
- Track record of meeting sales targets
- Demonstrated strong organizational and account planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Sell value and tailor messages to different buying influences
- Establish and grow professional relationships
- Map buying influences and identify other relevant key market players and potential partners in order to leverage them for growth
- The ability to be creative and to think and act on your feet
- Strong communication skills: written, oral, presentation, and effective listening
- Proficiency using computers and device applications including PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, while developing ideas and plans to advance the sale and ensuring collective collaboration within the team
- Ability to travel internationally