Manager, Merchant Operations | Vancouver
Our client is a global player in the payment processing space with a white glove approach to customer service that has earned them long-standing and repeat clients. Located in downtown Vancouver, they are looking for a Manager, Merchant Operations to join their team.
What does the role entail? One moment you are gathering the last details to present your process improvement recommendation to the Vice President Operations, the next you are negotiating terms with an acquirer before reviewing the latest performance reports. In a few minutes, you will be meeting with your team to discuss the impact of the new systems being introduced.
Your detail oriented nature and you experience in project management, process improvements and team building are serving you well in this fast pace environment.
If this sounds like you, you could be our client’s next Manager, Merchant Operations, responsible for ensuring that their clients have an easy and positive experience working with them.
- Quality Assurance on new applications and maintenance on existing merchant accounts.
- Finding ways to improve the efficiency, scalability and accuracy of the whole department
- Leading special large projects involving new acquirers and/or new services provided by acquirers.
- Participating in the creation of the corporate roadmap to expand the organization’s processing capabilities around the world.
- Developing new ways to monitor the performance of onboarding of new client applications on specific acquirer systems.
- Working directly with Account Executives and Sales Manager if contracts are pended or declined. Escalating any special requests or anomalies with the acquirer.
- Managing the budget for your group
The Manager, Merchant Operations will also:
- Provide competitive intelligence on the acquiring market
- Manage the addition of new acquirers and the migration of merchants from one acquirer to another
- Stay informed with all the acquirer and payment card industry’s procedural and regulatory changes and update your team/colleagues/supervisors as necessary
- Train, recruit and motivate the client Onboarding staff.
- Develop a successful and motivating succession plan
- Enforce corporate policies within your group
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills – you are an executive in the making after all!
- Great time management skills – yes there is more to do than you will have time for, so prioritization and time management are key
- To be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills – They will give you more questions than answers
- To be able to work in an environment where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple tasks simultaneously is the norm.
- Good understanding of SalesForce.com and IT in general is a [big] asset
- Knowledge of the financial industry
- Understanding of common financial functions such as AP, AR, Settlement, Residual payments.