Account Executive | Vancouver
Our client, a large IT Services organization, is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join their team. This is an important position in the organization and will inherit key accounts in addition to being responsible for developing new business. Their culture is high performing, entrepreneurial and lean; Decisions can be made quickly and without bureaucracy.
On the other hand, this is not a company to have your hand held and wait for decisions to be made; Like any culture of entrepreneurship you’ll be managing many aspects of the sales process. Larger processes are automated but you’ll need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty in some aspects of process. You will have a support team and Inside Sales in this role.
The right person for this role knows that activity is the key to success and loves being in front of clients and solving business problems with IT solutions. You may be a bit of a cowboy/girl and you’re not afraid to take risks. People who know you know that you were born to be in sales. You are driven and energetic and your track record demonstrates that you have seen the fruits of hard work in sales. You get a charge when you win and this gives you motivation.
5 years ago our client might have been seen as an underdog. Now they are competing and winning against Tier 1 providers as the result of YoY growth, acquisitions and an outstanding reputation around delivery; Agile and rapid.
If this sounds like you and you have a successful track record in selling complex IT solutions, please be in touch.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new business outside of existing client base targeting Enterprise Accounts as well as work to grow a list of existing accounts
- Build senior level relationships within client accounts in order to develop growth towards key account status
- Focus on high margin IT sales - software, hardware and system integration services
- Successfully promote and sell solutions as a full service, value added IT systems integrator to desired accounts that meet a specified profile
- Meet/exceed required sales targets in both the product and services environments
- Maintain and develop a high level of knowledge of new technology and the company
- Demonstrate a high level of teamwork in all activities
- Work effectively and cooperatively with Inside Sales, Administrative and Technical teams
- Educate their business partners on customer requirements
Things you need to have:
- Experience working at a value-added reseller in the IT sector. Preference would be experience working in a similar portfolio
- Demonstrated aptitude and capability in account planning, territory mapping and sales strategy.
- Academic and practical experience in solution sales and customer relationship management
- Competitive adeptness in establishing and developing accounts, business savvy, a strong customer focus, self-confidence, and an ability to manage business relations
- Ability to deal with all management levels
- Experience in being managed under a mature sales cadence process (methodology) and CRM tool.
- An ability to develop long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with large accounts
- Proficiency with complex deals and long sales cycles is imperative
- A university degree with a preference in having a bachelor in business, sociology or sciences
- Interest in building a long-term career in a sales discipline
- 'A' type personality with strong listening skills and capable of asking insightful questions at a business and strategic level.