Executive Assistant | Vancouver
As the year draws to a close, are you thinking about a fresh start for 2018? Our client, a private company located in downtown Vancouver and owner of several companies in the tourism business, is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the founder.
This position is critical in the support of the Founder and is in charge of managing and executing administrative and liaison responsibilities in a confidential, timely and accurate manner. Work will include supporting the Founder’s business, public and private life, plus working on projects that enhance the company’s business and prospects. The role will include working with the Executive Director, Corporate Office on the administration of the office and will also provide support to the Corporate Office team members.
In return, you’ll be working in an exciting, high profile and fast-paced environment with a close team of professional and friendly co-workers and compensated competitively with benefits.
- Manage the Founder’s complex and rapidly changing business and personal schedule/calendar including arranging appointments, meetings and travel.
- Screen and manage a high volume of mail, e-mail, telephone calls and requests and plan priorities for response.
- Receive and greet visitors to the Founder’s office; prepare before and tidy up boardroom after meetings.
- Develop written correspondence for the Founder from discussion, notes or dictation and ensure follow up as required.
- Prepare a variety of other memos, reports, and other written materials as required on behalf of the Founder
- Maintain filing and database systems, including contact lists, ensuring that all files and records are kept up to date
- Prepare payroll timesheets and track vacation requests for Corporate department employees
- Organize all travel arrangements for the Founder and family members
- Arrange food and beverage as well as other set up requirements for meetings and/or lunches
- Organize special occasion events and/or gifts as required for business and personal events.
- Order stationery, kitchen supplies etc. for the Corporate Office
- As Tenant representative, liaise with the building management firm on any office issues, attend emergency warden and any other related facility training.
- There will be some Personal Assistant aspects to this role.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the expectations of the position.
- Some financial/bookkeeping will be required, i.e., reconciling of credit card statements, filing of expense reports, renewal of all insurance policies, etc. in support of the Corporate Office team.
Liaison with External Contacts
- Liaise with appropriate people regarding business, industry and other committees on behalf of the Founder.
- Work with members of the community on various projects in which the Founder is involved.
- Ensure the Founder is prepared for internal and outside Board meetings.
- Represent the Company and the Founder by attending functions as required, i.e. industry luncheons, dinners, hosting hockey games and other functions at the company’s suite at Roger’s Arena, etc. (if required)
- Coordinate special events for the Founder.
Preparation for Founder’s Internal and External Boards and Committees
- Locate and compile information and format reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information.
- Assemble and categorize facts and figures in preparation for the Founder’s external Board and Committee meetings and conference calls
- Coordinates activities and communication between the Founder and the GCRC Board and other external boards and committees when necessary.
- Take minutes at quarterly board meetings for different business entities, ensure timely distribution and follow-up.
- Organization and execution of an annual 2 day off-site event with 100+ attendees from various businesses and geographical areas
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar Executive Assistant role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Excellent Computer and office skills a must (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Event planning skills
- Experience with Diligent Boardbooks an asset
- Financial knowledge, legal and accounting skills an asset
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and service-oriented
- Discreet; ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of all matters related to the Founder, family members and the Corporate Office
- Flexibility; willing to work flexible hours or occasional weekends
- Willing to travel
- Proactive; responsible for actions, and can anticipate issues
- Energetic; self-starting
- Dependable; meets deadlines
- Represents the Founder and family in a positive and professional manner
If you’re interested, please send an email with a covering paragraph regarding your suitability and interest in the role. We thank all who applied; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Many thanks!