Regional Manager | Experiential Marketing and Events | Beverage Category | Contract | Vancouver
Are you managing or team-leading a retail floor or restaurant and looking for your next career move in-house at an agency? Are you a master scheduler, people manager and social butterfly who loves staying organized but doesn’t want to be tied to an office?
Our client, a North American leader in experiential marketing and retail operations is looking for a Regional Manager to manage a sampling program for one of their most prestigious clients in the alcoholic beverages space. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who loves project and people managing and who is looking to add corporate experience to their retail or hospitality career or who is in a team-lead or promotional career and looking for their next great adventure.
- Start Feb. 1
- Requires somebody with a car (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Monthly phone allowance
- Shift work – typically onsite with active promotions Thursday through Sat/Sun between 2pm-8pm with Monday as an administration day. (Tues/Wed off)
- Peak times will require additional shifts
- Full-time contract ending on Dec. 31 though there is a solid opportunity for renewal with this program and others
- Compensation - $3900/month (While there are no medical benefits, vacation is paid at 4% of total contract)
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the BC region sampling and promotion program
- Manage, visit and coach promotional/sampling teams at retail locations in region (This is a significant portion of the role – up to 70% will be coaching and training promotional staff
- Coach and mentor
- Visit team onsite
- Reporting on region and sampling and promotional team performance and campaign results
- Managing Rep Reports
- Writing Regional Reports
- Providing feedback and suggestions on campaign improvement
- Operations and Logistics:
- Scheduling shifts and teams
- Ensuring reps are scheduled and are on time for shifts
- Troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring that reps have necessary equipment, supplies and stock
- Relationship Management including:
- Regional client relationship development and management
- Growing and maintaining relationships with store managers and retail outlets
- Always representing client and brand portfolio in a super professional and positive manner
- Some remote travel (BC and AB) may be required
- Support for other brands/programs will arise based on capacity.
- 3+ Years of People Management Experience (ideally in Hospitality, Restaurants, Retail, etc)
- Experience in scheduling and managing logistics
- You must be highly organized and a self starter – people who know you well consider you enterprising and come to you because they know you will get things done
- You love people and creating meaningful relationships – people are drawn to your engaging personality and you impress clients and customers with your professional approach
- You have an upbeat and positive attitude with a ‘solutions-first’ mind-set – your creativity drives you to seek solutions rather than complain about challenges – in fact you love to tackle to roadblocks and get a charge from being the one who solved things!
- You can operate well in a busy environment in fact your personality might wilt if you had to sit at a desk 24/7. To you it’s exciting having things to do, places to go and people to see while making executive decisions on the spot!
- If you have previous knowledge of alcohol products/brands, that would be an asset
- Reliable Car is a must
We thank all of those who have applied. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted. Thank you!