Manager, Email Marketing and Automation | Vancouver
Our client, a renowned luxury travel brand with a head office in Vancouver, is growing their marketing team and is seeking a creative and solutions-driven Email Marketer. Are you ready to flex your creative muscle, apply your digital knowledge and leverage your skillset? Do you have the gears to map out the future and develop a plan to get there? We are looking for someone with a thirst for knowledge who gets a thrill from turning data into insights and actions. In return you will work in a rewarding environment that promotes growth and career development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Manager, Email Marketing & Automation creates world-class automated lead generation and scoring programs. We are looking for someone who is on top of the latest trends in the space and can move in an agile manner with a test and learn approach. Full personalization capabilities is our client’s aspiration, so the ideal candidate will have proven chops to help get them there. They need to have a good blend of creative, analytical, and technical skills. The role needs to be a champion for collecting, protecting, and skillfully using data to help drive business results.
The ideal candidate will provide oversight for the Marketing Automation systems, designing and implementing email and nurture programs, evaluating the effectiveness of the programs, ensuring integration across departments and continuously improving the efficacy of the email nurture programs. Partnering and working alongside the relevant stakeholders across Marketing, Analytics, IT, and Sales, the successful candidate will build and optimize the nurturing and scoring programs for pre-lead, lead/opportunity acceleration, and lead/opportunity re-activation to successfully promote the brand to prospects to optimize sales within channels and help drive qualified leads to trade partners.
Email is a key ingredient in the integrated campaigns. The Manager, Email Marketing & Automation will provide oversight on the administration of email projects including ensuring they bring the brand to life within brand guidelines.
- Build, implement, monitor and improve the email marketing strategy.
- Test plans and automation plan development with deep collaboration and coordination across Marketing and Sales.
- Govern the strategy and management of email by developing and managing nurture flows for prospects, leads and activities.
- Manage the prospect and customer database by creating targeted lists and segments and maintain list health, data scrubbing, data integrity, including CASL and GDPR compliance.
- Understand the bi-directional data structures with Salesforce.com for data integration; work with Salesforce administrators to coordinate integration with CRM; work with marketing platforms to troubleshoot issues and provide team support.
- Work with direct report and digital team to create emails, landing pages, forms, reports and other related infrastructure to support corporate and local campaigns.
- Support the technology strategy aligning the various parts of the company’s Marketing stack.
- Lead the demand funnel optimization program to improve the effectiveness of campaigns from contact acquisition to revenue to renewal.
- Define and optimize key performance metrics and prepare relevant dashboards/reports to share results across the team and report up to senior management.
- Develop and manage a testing strategy to continuously optimize email, and complete campaigns.
- Work closely with vendors to manage projects, reporting and/or billing discrepancies.
- Oversee management of direct report.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a relevant Marketing or Sales Operations role.
- Deep understanding of lead-to-revenue demand funnels and reporting.
- 5+ years’ experience with marketing automation platforms (e.g., Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, Sitecore Experience Automation, etc.).
- Experience in CRM (Salesforce preferred) and database management including: list management, cleansing, de-duplication, data validation, custom report creation, and import/export of data.
- A successful track record of implementing and managing Marketo programs and processes, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of analytic tools such as Google Analytics, including hands-on experience with SQL.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio diagramming (or similar workflow diagramming) experience.
- HTML, Illustrator, and Photoshop experience a plus.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to develop and present strategic analysis that leads to actionable recommendations.
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks “why”) and a self-directed hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious) with demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and requests.
- A passion for problem-solving, learning, and educating others.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your resume and a short summary of your experience to email@example.com