Business Analyst | Vancouver
Our client is Canadian-based, global cannabis company servicing both medicinal and recreational markets in national and international markets. As an early entrant to the marketplace they have crossed major milestones and enjoyed great success in addition to being well poised to capitalize on the rapidly evolving landscape.
As the result of continued and exponential growth they are looking to add a Business Analyst to the team. This role will work closely with the CEO and be responsible for understanding, defining and evaluating areas of opportunity for the company and making recommendations as well as performing financial and legal due diligence. The best candidate for this role is a self-started who thrives in high-growth environments and can roll up their sleeves and dive in.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join an exciting and pioneering organization in a game-changing sector with an attractive compensation package and other benefits.
What you will be doing:
- Evaluating business, investment and financial opportunities by conducting analyses, due diligence and risk assessment
- Creating forecasts and financial models
- Presenting results, analysis and recommendations to executive and board
- Assisting with the execution of potential business, partnerships, deals and agreements through reviewing contracts, creating letters of intent and working with external legal counsel
- Reviewing business plans and presentations, providing recommendations pertaining to their financial opportunity and strategic fit with the company’s objectives.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the industry, emerging technologies, business models and overall strategic objectives.
- Building financial models to validate the cost/benefit of new initiatives.
- Synthesizing and articulating key findings as appropriate for new opportunities
What you need to have:
- At least 4-5 years working in a similar role
- Experience with financial modelling and valuations
- Experience in forecasting and conducting business analysis
- Understanding of corporate development of deal structure with experience conducting deal analysis and recommendations
- Understanding of capital markets and stock market and the ability to assess trends and present findings
- Sound understanding of risk management
- M&A and valuation experience would be an asset
- Experience working with legal contracts and complex documents and working with partners and legal counsel on legal documentation
- CA or Business/Finance/Commerce degree preferred
- Investment banking background a significant asset
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- A positive attitude and sense of humour
- A ‘can-do’, solutions oriented approach and the willingness to jump in and help where needed
- A love for high-growth and constant change
- Travel is required
We thank all who apply. Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.