Executive Assistant to the CEO | Vancouver
You thrive in an ever-changing environment and in being the ‘knower of all’. You excel in positions where you are the right-hand-person and indispensible confidant to the executives you support. You do more than admin, you manage everything from lease agreements to events to global travel to research and reporting; you bring a business acumen to your career and aren’t shy to make recommendations or executive decisions. A fast paced, entrepreneurial company is attractive to you because you know you are much more than an assistant – you are the glue that holds things together and the first point of contact for all things CEO.
Our client is Canadian-based, TSX global cannabis company experiencing explosive growth. An early entrant to the marketplace, they have crossed major milestones and have enjoyed great success in addition to being well poised to capitalize on the rapidly evolving landscape. As a result of explosive growth they are hiring for key positions including executive support for the CEO.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join an exciting and pioneering organization in a game-changing sector; you’ll be next to the driver’s seat with an instrumental hand in the journey.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You’re the go-to person for the CEO – from managing their crazy travel schedule to researching industry trends and reporting on them
- You’ll manage the CEO’s complex and rapidly changing business schedule/calendar including arranging appointments, meetings and travel.
- You’ll screen, manage and reply to a high volume of mail, e-mail, telephone calls and requests and prioritize as well as plan responses
- You’ll liaise with appropriate people regarding business, industry and other committees on behalf of the CEO.
- You’ll help to put together reports and proofread
- You’ll be one step ahead of the CEO and proactively anticipate their needs and provide support as needed
- General office support like dealing with lease agreements and negotiating with service providers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- You’re a doer with common sense
- You have excellent Computer and office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- You have great research and sleuthing skills
- You’re a team athlete and can pitch in where needed
- You have similar experience in a fast-paced environment
- Financial knowledge, legal and accounting skills an asset
- You can communicate beautifully; You are a grammar and spelling nerd and you can articulate thoughts intelligently verbally and on paper
- A doer – solutions oriented – comes to the table with solutions vs problems
- Positive, energetic and self-starting
- Discreet; ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Willing to travel
- Proactive; responsible for actions, and can anticipate issues
- Energetic; self-starting
We thank all who apply. Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.